Friday, May 7, 2010

friday....


Today was an interesting day. I actually got a lot done, which was surprising. Usually when I have to work a shift at my co-op gallery (Blue Door) it kinda messes up my day. But, I took a lot of jewelry supplies with me and got a lot of work done there. This is one of the necklaces that I finished. It's a little edgy and different from my usual jewelry work...but I like it. It is a vintage pistol/pocket knife that I found at an antique store in St. Augustine.

Yesterday, was a bit unusual. It was a little hard opening up so much here, and having friends leave comments already. Wow....I didn't really expect that. I always feel bad because I have zero time to surf through interesting blogs and leave comments. I hope people understand and are not too insulted by my poor blog etiquette. But, the comments that were left here and on my art site, were so encouraging. I cannot tell you how much they help me everyday. And it's also fantastic to hear that I've inspired someone too.

I tried to work on the webcam yesterday...but it was not successful yet. I was a little bummed about it. But, then in my email box this morning I had an note from an artist, Jonathan "Blade" Manning. He has webcast on Ustream for art journaling. He gave me a shout out in his latest broadcast and contacted me to be a highlighted artist in his next broadcast. He wants to use my resin technique. I was amazed at how fluent he was with the webcam...and definitely felt it was karma that he contacted me. So, I asked him to help me with the webcam...and I'll give him permission to use my YouTube video, and technique. Pretty cool, huh. I just hope he says yes. I love how things work out like that sometimes....

Well, gotta go for now. I managed to get some of the new jewelry in the Etsy store today, and went back to Ebay to sell some of my non-art items. I'm still floored by how much they are charging....but I don't know of anything better for non-vintage items. Let me know if you do...

Off to make dinner...fried green tomato pizza....yummmm....

Love,
Wyanne

2 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

Fried green tomato pizza! That does sound yummy. Congrats on the new artist connection and good luck with the webcam. Sounds like Madame Universe gave you a helping hand on that just when you needed it!

Anonymous said...

Dear Wyanne....
I discovered your art last year in a magazine called Artful Blogging. I should have purchased the magazine. I found some of my drawings inspired by your art. And they make me very happy. I don't have the set up to do large paintings and I have lost a measure of health with chronic fatique. I am a pen pal writer so I draw on envelopes...which gives my drawings purpose... Loved your peacock demo...could not hear the music. Even if I was connected at home to the interenet, I don't have sound. Rosieindigo7@msn.com